Sunday, August 3, 2008

Building Your Own Hammock

Ahhhhh! Swaying gracefully in the breeze on your own rope hammock. It's a relaxing picture isn't it? Heck, the Skipper and Gilligan slept in them every day for the 16 years that they were stuck on that island.

But look on the internet, and a good-quality rope hammock will run you over $200! Plus shipping and handling!

But right here, right now, I've resurrected a set of hammock making instructions from my now-defunct first website.

It is a scan from the book "Hammock: How to Make Your Own and Lie in It" by Denison Andrews. It was first published in 1978 and is since out of print. So here is a scan of the chapter "The Twin Oaks Hammock" it works great, I've built two of them myself.

One of these days I'll track down a full copy of the book again, and get the missing pages. Until then, here is the chapter in PDF and MS Word formats.

I truly swear that it is as comfortable and fun as it looks on Gilligan's Island!


"bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong"

0 comments: